Who We Are
SumOfUs.org is a global movement of consumers, investors, and workers all around the world, standing together to hold corporations accountable for their actions and forge a new, sustainable and just path for our global economy. It’s not going to be fast or easy. But if enough of us come together, we can make a real difference.
Taren Stinebrickner-Kauffman, Executive Director and Founder – Taren is a dual Australian-American citizen. She has experience with online organizing on four continents and at the global level, including at Avaaz.org, GetUp.org.au, and the AFL-CIO. She was born in Australia, currently lives in New York City and enjoys reading science fiction and playing ultimate frisbee for fun.
Tate Hausman, Treasurer – Tate is the Director of Management at MoveOn.org. Previously, he has directed a number of other national political operations, such as Vote Today Ohio and Slam Bush.
Keith Goodman, Secretary – Keith founded the Repower at Home program at the Alliance for Climate Protection, developed and managed the acclaimed online Neighbor- to-Neighbor program for the 2008 Obama campaign, and developed cutting-edge analytics products for the AFL-CIO 2004 political program.
Kaytee Riek, Campaign Manager — Kaytee has over a decade of experience campaigning on issues of global social justice, with a focus on health and HIV/AIDS. In her prior work, she led the grassroots campaign to win a multi-year, multi-billion-dollar investment from the US government in HIV/AIDS treatment and prevention around the world. In her spare time, she’s a photographer, graphic designer, raises future service dogs, and is a member of ACT UP Philadelphia, an all-volunteer group committed to ending the AIDS crisis through direct action.
Rajai Bimbo, Campaigns Fellow – Rajai joined the SumOfUs team early fall of 2012. A native of Birmingham, Alabama, he currently lives in France where he’s pursuing a Masters degree in language education. After 4 years in the field of education abroad he is interested in education policy and intercultural education. He’s worked with various student groups in the US, France and India focusing on development, non-government organizations, and language and culture. In his free time he enjoys biking, ballroom dance, cooking and admiring trees.
Claiborne Deming, Jr., Campaigner — Claiborne worked in corporate PR prior to corporate campaigning. He was a Field Organizer with Obama for America – Colorado in the 2008 election and has spent two years teaching English in China. Claiborne tries to take advantage of his ability to work from anywhere to spend his free time surfing, hiking, rock climbing and otherwise escaping beyond the Beltway.
Anthony Mercurio, Operations and Development Associate – Originally from San Francisco, Anthony studied Arabic and International Relations at Boston University. After studying abroad in Morocco, he lived in the West Bank, working with the solidarity movement and volunteering in refugee camps. He came to SumOfUs after leading the UniteHERE for Obama Campaign effort in Reno, Nevada. He has a passion for LGBT rights, labor struggles, and exploring New York City.
Marguerite Pettit, Australian Campaigner – Marguerite has been with SumOfUs.org since April 2012. She manages operations as well as working on fundraising and advising on select campaigns. Prior to joining SumOfUs.org, Marguerite worked for a corporate responsibility consultancy in New York City. Originally from Australia, Marguerite began her career as a campaigner with the Wilderness Society where she worked on the campaign to protect Cape York as a World Heritage site and stop the Gunns Pulp Mill. Marguerite has a Masters in Environmental Law and a Bachelor of Social Sciences from the University of Sydney.
Emma Pullman, Canadian Campaigns Consultant– Emma joined SumOfUs.org in early 2012. She is responsible for growing our membership in Canada by forging partnerships with allies and seeking out potential campaigns, as well as our work on environmental issues. Emma has worked with Canadian campaigning organization Leadnow.ca as their Director of Research. Emma is also an investigative journalist writing about Canada’s tar sands and the Enbridge Northern Gateway and Keystone XL pipelines. Emma has lived in both the United Kingdom and Turkey and has a BA and MA in Political Science.
Tara Harwood, Analytics Manager
Rob Wohl, Campaigner – Before coming to SumOfUs.org, Rob worked as a researcher at Medicare Works, a project developing a strategic plan for Medicare advocacy. He is a founding member of Occupy Our Homes DC, a group that organizes resistance to foreclosures and evictions in the Washington metro area. Rob is focused on partnerships with organizations across the globe. He has a Bachelor’s Degree in History and Sociology from Wesleyan University. In his limited free time he reads a lot of dystopian science fiction about the terrible things that will happen if we lose.
Angus Wong, Canadian Campaigner– Angus was a consultant at a firm specializing in Corporate Social Responsibility prior to joining SumOfUs. He has international development and research experience in India, Micronesia, and Latin America. Angus has a degree in Development Economics and Community Planning. In his spare time, he rides his bikes to various social engagements in Vancouver.
The Advisory Board
- Simon Billenness, Corporate Campaign & Socially Responsible Investing Consultant
- Ben Brandzel, Director of Strategic Incubation, Citizens Engagement Laboratories
- John Cavanagh, Director, Institute for Policy Studies
- Chuck Collins, Senior Scholar, Institute for the Common Good
- Richard Graves, VP of Business Development, Ethical Electric
- Randall Hayes, Founder, Rainforest Action Network
- Ilyse Hogue, Co-Director, Friends of Democracy
- Michael Huttner, Founder & CEO, ProgressNow
- Mike Lux, Co-founder & CEO, Progressive Strategies
- Michael Marx, Senior Campaign Director, Beyond Oil Campaign, Sierra Club
- Marianne Manilov, Co-Founder & ED, Engage Network
- Bill McKibben, Co-founder, 350.org
- Eli Pariser, President of the Board, MoveOn.org
- Ari Rabin-Havt, Managing Director, Media Matters
- James Rucker, Founder, ColorOfChange.org
- Betsy Taylor, President, Breakthrough Strategies and Solutions
- CJ Grimes, National Organizing Director, SEIU
- Jamie Biggar, Executive Director, LeadNow
- Tzeporah Berman, Tar Sands Solutions Network
- Filip Gregor, Board Member, European Coalition for Corporate Justice; Lawyer at the Environmental Law Service (Czech Republic)
- Paula Hannemann, Social Media Manager, WWF Germany
- Paul Hilder, Campaign Director, Oxfam Great Britain
- Alice Jay, Campaign Director, Avaaz.org (Spain)
- Julius van de Laar, Campaign Strategist, www.juliusvandelaar.com (Germany)
- John Wood, Campaigns and New Media Officer at the Trades Union Congress
- Ineke Zeldenrust, International Coordinator, Clean Clothes Campaign (Netherlands)
- Deepa Gupta, Co-founder, Indian Youth Climate Network
- Graziela Tanaka, Director of Mobilization, Instituto Brasileiro de Defensa do Consumidor
- Jeremy Heimans, CEO & Co-founder, Purpose Campaigns; Co-founder of GetUp.org.au, Avaaz.org and AllOut.org
- Nick Moraitis, Director of Make Believe
- Brett Soloman, Executive Director, AccessNow.org; former ED, GetUp,org.au
- Kumi Naidoo, Executive Director of Greenpeace International
SumOfUs.org is a 501c(4) non-profit incorporated in Washington, DC, with a 501c(3) fiscal sponsorship arrangement through the New Organizing Institute Education Fund.